We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Still Pregnant


Yep, I’m still pregnant and getting more uncomfortable with every passing day. I feel like I’m going to be pregnant forever. I had a dream last night that we went over to Laurie and Robin’s house and Lydia was two years old - she was walking and talking and as cute as can be - and I was still pregnant with Oliver. The doctor assured me at our appointment today, though, that this will be over at some point soon. We set our induction date for April 14th so at least I know now that the longest I could possibly go is twelve more days. I’m really hoping he comes sooner, though, since I do not want to be induced. Plus, twelve days would be pretty unbearable since I’ve already started my maternity leave. I think I will go a little stir crazy just sitting around here for twelve more days. Today was my second full day of maternity leave and I’m already running out of things to do. I’m mostly just cleaning the house, watching TV and reading. Not a bad way to spend two days but it will probably get old soon. 

Everything looked pretty good at the doctor’s appointment today. My blood pressure was still a little high but not as high as it has been. The doctor doesn’t seem to be too concerned about it, though, since I’m not having any other symptoms of preeclampsia so I guess it’s nothing to worry about it. I think my blood pressure is high when I go in for these appointments because I’m excited to see if I’ve progressed any since the previous week. Unfortunately, I haven’t made any progress. According to the doctor I’m betwen 1 and 2 centimeters but that’s not much more than last week. I’m trying not to focus on it and just focus on the fact that both the baby and I are doing really well. If I’m still pregnant next Thursday we will do another ultrasound to check the baby’s size and make sure there is still enough amniotic fluid to keep the baby healthy, happy and safe. Here’s hoping we don’t make it that long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment