We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sundays With Oliver - Week Forty-Three


This update is WAY late but I swear the pictures were taken many days ago. I haven’t had much time to blog since I got back since I’ve been way too busy cuddling with Oliver. Last week was the hardest week of my life. I never stopped missing Oliver while I was in California. We Skype’d numerous times but it’s just not the same. Pumping went fine but if I never see that damned machine again it will be too soon (unfortunately, I’m still pumping twice a day at work). Oliver and Brian had a great week, which Brian will tell you all about sometime soon (he’s promised to do an entry about his week as a single parent). 

As hard as being away from Oliver was, the reunion was amazing. I got home late on Sunday night so I didn’t get to see him and hold him until he woke up on Monday morning (I would like to commend myself for the remarkable restraint I showed by not rushing into his room and scooping him up in the middle of the night). He seemed genuinely surprised and excited to see me when I went into his room on Monday morning. He was still pretty sleepy but after I had kissed him a few times, he leaned way back (as if to take in my whole face) and then smiled the biggest smile ever. I melted. We’ve been slowly but surely falling back into our family routine in the past couple of days. Any fear that Oliver would wean himself has proved to be totally unfounded. He’s nursing like a champ. Scratch that, he’s nursing like a newborn. He’s had quite a few marathon feedings since I got home (including one that lasted two hours this afternoon) and seems to be doing more comfort sucking than he’s done in a long time (I keep joking with Brian that Oliver would totally take a pacifier now if we offered it to him. We’re not going to, though, since I don’t want to have to wean him).

Here are the pictures from this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment