We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Thirteen


Today is both Oliver’s thirteen week and his three month birthday! I can’t believe he’s already three months old. It seems like he was born just yesterday. He’s getting so big.

Oliver had a great week. He spent tons of time with me at the store (he even hung out while I met with a few reps). I spent my days with him so that I could breastfeed all day and get a little more sleep at night. On Friday, Oliver and I went down to San Antonio to hang out with my mom. We took him over to Peggy’s house and let him swim in his first big pool. He went under the water few times with no complaints and floated around in the pool for over an hour. He is definitely a water baby. And, the best thing about swimming... he slept for seven hours in a row on Friday night! That’s the longest stretch of sleep he has ever done. He slept from ten to five fifteen, got up to eat for about ten minutes and then went back to sleep for another two hours. I got six hours of sleep in a row. It was amazing. Saturday, we went to eat at Alamo Cafe and then hit a few resale shop where we found a jumperoo for Oliver (I’ll post a video of him using it later).

On Saturday I headed back up to Austin and Oliver stayed with his Grandmama in San Antonio so that Brian and I could go to Dauphin’s 30th birthday party. So, I had yet another night away from baby. And Oliver was a good baby for my mom... he took bottles all night and everything. Mom’s a little exhausted now but everything went well. My mom’s here for the next few days to help out while I have my last crazy week of the buying season. I can’t wait to be done with appointments at least for a few weeks (and then it starts all over again).

For some reason, Oliver has started sticking his tongue out for every picture:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment