We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Nine

Oliver had a good week. Grandmama came and stayed with us because I had a bunch of appointments this week and needed help taking care of Oliver. She and Oliver had a good time during the day while I went to work and Brian went to class. It’s so nice that she lives close enough to be able to come up and see Oliver whenever she wants to and can help us out by babysitting when we need her to. On Wednesday night, she made me some cosmos and fed Oliver at his 2 AM feeding so that I could get some sleep. She stayed until Thursday evening and then went back to San Antonio. On Friday, our friend Liz came over for our buying appointment and then hung out Friday evening and played Monopoly. Brian took the middle of the night feeding on Friday night so I got some more good sleep. On Saturday evening, my friend, Marc, got married and we took Oliver with us to the wedding. He stayed calm enough through the ceremony (Brian walked him around during the ceremony so that I could see Marc get married) but then Oliver started to freak out when the reception started. I was wearing a dress and couldn’t easily nurse him so we had brought a bottle of breast milk with us. Unfortunately, there was no hot water in the bathroom so we couldn’t heat up the bottle and Oliver wouldn’t take it cold. I took him into the bathroom with me and managed to nurse him some but he wouldn’t calm down so Brian and I had to take off before we got to enjoy the reception. Part of the problem was that Oliver had skipped his afternoon nap and was overtired and cranky. We got home around 7:30 and I set up camp on the couch and nursed him for about an hour and then put him to bed - full and happy. Nine weeks old is obviously too young to go to a wedding but I’m glad I at least got to see the ceremony and luckily we ran into Marc before the wedding so he could meet Oliver and we could wish him congratulations. So, all in all, good and busy week. 

Here are the pictures from this week. Notice the Chuck Taylors... I kept thinking the shoes would be too big so I hadn’t tried them on him yet. Good thing I busted them out this week since they are about to be too small. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry - he’s become such a wiggle worm, it’s hard to get a good shot.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment