We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Friday, May 1, 2009

SlingEZee


On Monday I went to Special Addition to buy a sling for Oliver and I to use. We have one that I love but Oliver needs to be a little bigger before we can use it so I wanted to get one that would fit us in the meantime. Oliver has days where he just wants to be held and I needed a sling to make those days easier on my psyche, my wrists and my back. So, I took the very generous gift certificate that Robin and Laurie gave us to Special Addition and had them help me find one that is right for us. The salespeople there are so helpful. They spent over half an hour with me showing me the slings they sell and how to use them. I found one that I love (it’s a SlingEZee) and Oliver and I tried it out. We both fell instantly in love. We’ve used it a bunch since we bought it and it’s great to be able to meet Oliver’s need/desire to be held while still managing to have my hands free. In fact, he’s asleep on my chest as I type this post, something I never could have done before we got the sling. I’ve also managed to get some reading done. I know the sling will be a lifesaver when I go back to work and need to soothe Oliver and look at catalogs, work on the computer or meet with a sales rep at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment