We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Week 36


I can’t believe there are only three and a half weeks until our due date.  I just hope the weeks that are left go by more quickly than this week which seemed to drag on and on.  I’m still feeling sick but I’m pretty sure I’m over the worst of my cold.  The doctor said there was a pretty nasty cold bug going around and that it was not unusual for it to take more than two weeks to get over it.  I’m pushing the two week mark and really ready to feel better.  Luckily, during the time I’ve been sick with this cold most of the discomforts of being eight and a half months pregnant have left me alone - no backaches, no swollen ankles, etc.  It’s as though my body knows I can only deal with one or the other at one time.

I’m extremely motivated to get over this cold now, though, because our good friends, Robin and Laurie, welcomed their beautiful baby girl, Lydia Cecille on Thursday morning (her due date!).  I can’t wait to meet Lydia once they have all had a chance to get settled in and I don’t want to pass up any opportunity because I’m still struggling with this cold.  You can check out pictures of Lydia on Robin and Laurie’s blog.  It’s been great to have another expecting couple to hang out with during this pregnancy and it will be awesome to have friends that are also new parents after Oliver is born.

Yesterday we went to the doctor for an ultrasound and our 36 week appointment.  The ultrasound went really well.  Oliver is head down (woo-hoo!) and measuring right at seven pounds right now.  The ultrasound tech said that at this rate he will be in the 8 pound range if he comes at 40 weeks.  Not a tiny baby but not a huge one either.  That’s about the size I was expecting since I was eight pounds, nine ounces when I was born.  All of his measurements are looking good.  They said he’s measuring a little ahead of his estimated gestational age so I’m hoping that supports my long-held theory that he’ll be making an early appearance.  I hope so.  I don’t think I could stand it if he were late.

The doctor’s appointment also went well although there were a few road bumps.  Turns out I lost a couple of pounds in the last two weeks (probably because of being sick).  The doctor says it’s nothing to worry about but it is sort of the opposite of what we’re going for.  My blood pressure was also a little high at the beginning of the appointment.  But they checked it again before I left and it was lower and closer to my normal range.  Guess I was just a little nervous about the weight loss when they took it the first time.  The doctor checked me and at this point I am not dilated at all which was a bit of a disappointment but doesn’t really mean anything.  

On Tuesday I will be at 37 weeks and Oliver will be officially full term.  Here’s hoping he decides to come meet everyone sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment