We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 34

Last week was a busy but productive and fun one.  We had the contractor here Tuesday through Friday working on laying the floors and installing the windows.  The doors didn’t arrive last week so they will get installed at a later date.  The house looks great now that all the work is done but it was a bit stressful living in a construction zone.  I lost my keys on Wednesday and finally found them in the garbage can outside (luckily before the trash was picked up on Thursday morning).  My brain was as cluttered as the house all week. 

This weekend was a blast.  Mom and Richard came up Friday night with a car full of all the baby things we’ve been storing at their house - clothes, a swing, the changing pad, etc.  On Friday night we moved the dresser into the nursery and unpacked all the clothes.  Mom and I found the dresser at Fredericksburg Trade Days back in October and it’s so great to finally see it in the room.  It was a great deal and adds so much storage to the room.  Plus, it’s got the clean mid-century modern look that Brian and I love.  It was so much fun to unpack all the baby clothes and imagine dressing Oliver in them in just a few short weeks.  We are still waiting for the crib to arrive.  Once it gets here and we get it all set up I will really feel like that room is a nursery.  I can’t wait to post the final “after” pics.

On Saturday we all went to our BookPeople baby shower.  Meghan hosted it at her house (which has become baby shower central) and was, once again, “the hostess with the mostest.”  The food was awesome and I had such a good time visiting with everyone.  I am so grateful to Meghan for all the work she did and to her husband, Samir, for grilling for us and for putting up with everyone invading their home.  We got a lot of really cute things and I had fun on Sunday playing with them and setting them up in the nursery.  

Unfortunately,  I started to get sick on Sunday so I spent today trying to get over a cold.  I’m hoping to feel better tomorrow so that I can go back to work.  I’ve got so much to take are of before I go on maternity leave and I really need to get started on that particular to-do list.  I’m hoping the next five weeks fly by ... I’m getting tired of being pregnant and anxious to finally meet our little boy.

Deonne
Will asked me if we have a Contine website and he wants to know how he can get one.  I told him we are not as tech savy as his aunt & uncle so he will have to be happy with looking at yours.  We have a bunch of stuff for Oliver but I haven't sent it yet.  I am trying to find two special things that you guys gave Will to give back to you for Oliver.  One is a Longhorn onesie and the other is the Spurs uniform.  I know I kept them but I cannot remember where they are - I have a feeling in the messy garage somewhere.  Will just asked me how do fish sticks swim when they are alive.  I better go so I can figure out how to explain that.  Oh, and the nursery looks great.  Will likes the dots.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 - 09:09 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment