We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesdays With Henry - Week Ten

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words on my last post. I am still struggling with letting Henry be on his own timeline and keep finding my anxiety creeping up on me again. But it helps to know that people have been here before and come out on the other side and it helps to know I have so many people in my corner cheering me on.

We had a good week - managed to go a whole week without anyone needing to go to the doctor for a sick visit. Feels like a win. Henry, Oliver, and I went down to San Antonio this weekend. We took Henry to the zoo for the first time (he didn't really react to the zoo at all but when we took him on the train around the park, he smiled the whole time. He loves to be outside and feel the wind).

On Saturday night, my mom gave me the best gift ever. I set her up with a bunch of bottles and she let Henry sleep in her room. So, I got to sleep for four hours in a row. By far the longest stretch I've had since Henry was in the NICU. I went to bed at 11, woke up to pump at 3:30 and then went right back to sleep. Of course, at 5:30 I woke up to Oliver screaming for me but still... Almost five hours of sleep! In a row! I feel like a new woman. I came home dedicated to the idea of making this a more regular occurrence. So, Brian will take over night duty one night a week from here on out so that I can get at least one night off.

And, in case anyone wonders, even getting bottles all night, Henry woke up every two hours. I had a theory that maybe he wasn't sleeping long because he wasn't getting full feedings but apparently not. Apparently he's just still a peanut who can't go too long between feedings. Although on Sunday night, he went from 3:00 AM to 8:30 AM without eating. He woke up once there in the middle but we just changed his diaper and he went right back to sleep. I'm hopeful this means that longer sleep stretches are in my future and is not instead a reflection of the fact that he's still not feeling 100 percent.

Here are the pictures from this week:





1 comment:

  1. I love seeing Oliver's old clothes on Henry! So glad you're working out a sleep arrangement; that might help with anxiety, too.

    ReplyDelete