We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Love You a Green Bus


Oliver loves buses. Loves loves loves them. The first real phone conversation he had was with Brian a few weeks ago while Oliver and I were staying in San Antonio and it was all about the school buses he had seen at my mom’s school. He especially loves green buses like the city buses in Austin. Green is his favorite color.

One of his favorite gifts this year at Christmas was a toy school bus. Here’s how much he loved it:


The other day my mom and I were talking to him and I asked him: “How much do you love Grandmama.” His answer: “A bus.” A few hours later I asked him how much he loved me. His answer: “A green bus.” High praise, indeed! Mom was quickly upgraded to green bus status and now he tells us all when we ask that he loves us “a green bus.” It may completely screw up his verbal development but I tell you that from here on out I will be telling that little boy of mine that I love him a green bus every night when I put him to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment