We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sundays With Oliver - Week Fifty-Two (Finally!)


We survived! 52 weeks of a harebrained experiment. Up until the seventh month it was easy. The last five months have been a struggle. But I am so glad to have this documentation of Oliver’s first year.

We started, fifty-two weeks ago with this:


We survived! 52 weeks of a harebrained experiment. Up until the seventh month it was easy. The last five months have been a struggle. But I am so glad to have this documentation of Oliver’s first year.

We started, fifty-two weeks ago with this:



Fat rolls and smiles.

Three months after that:



Still lying docilely on the dog.

And, in another three months:


A boy on the move.

Finally, at 52 weeks:


Ta-Da! So happy to be done with this insane (but oddly fulfilling) experience.

Oliver says: Yea for us!



And, here’s to our partner in this yearlong project. Thanks, Dog! You’re the best (so patient and still... maybe I will continue to take his picture every week).



I’ve got tons to update but it’s been a long, fun but tiring week so I will space some of it out.  I’ll be doing a separate post tomorrow all about Oliver’s birthday party but I was determined to get this final SWO post up before I went to bed. And, don’t worry, just because this project is over I am not going to abandon the blog. I’m just going to enjoy my Sundays a little more.










No comments:

Post a Comment