We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Thirty-Five


I slept eight hours in a row last night! No, it’s not because Oliver had a good night’s sleep (in fact, this whole week has brought a resurgence of his 2 AM feeding, despite the fact that it had disappeared weeks ago). No, I got that much sleep last night because Oliver was at Grandmama’s house. I feel well-rested and ready to tackle another week and Oliver had a blast showing off all his new tricks for his grandparents. He’s crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything he can get his hands onto - toys, chairs, bookshelves, the walls, etc. Being able to move around on his own has actually made Oliver a much calmer baby. He doesn’t fuss nearly as much as he used to and Brian and I think that might have to do with how much freedom of choice he has now. If he’s bored with one activity, he can move on to another. But mobility has also brought a MAJOR interruption in his sleep patterns. Like I said earlier, he’s been getting up most nights at 2 AM and I, like a fool, have been feeding him when he does it. The few times I’ve tried not to feed him, he’s cried for an hour or more. And, now he will stand up in his crib and cry instead of sleeping. I’m exhausted so after Christmas we will be doing yet another round of sleep training. Fun!

Here are the pictures from this week. There weren’t many good ones to choose from since I was alone while I tried to take the pictures so I couldn’t get him to sit still. 




No comments:

Post a Comment