We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Thirty-Two


Oliver’s new tricks this week? Separation anxiety and temper tantrums! I don’t know if it’s the teething that’s making him so needy/fussy but I’ve had a heckuva hard time with my little guy this week. He’s been great for Brian during the day but when I get home from work, he just wants me to hold him the all of the time. If someone else is holding him, he’ll dive towards me. It’s a little cute to see him reach out for me but when I’m here by myself it’s hard to keep him constantly in my arms or on my lap. In addition, he’s started throwing tantrums for me, especially when we do his cereal feeding before bed. He really wants to hold the spoon and when I take it away from him to put more food on it, he screams bloody murder. He’s instantly quiet when I give him the spoon back. So, it’s time for our next parenting adventure... discipline! Don’t know how you discipline a seven month old but we’ve got to figure something out. I don’t want to teach him any bad habits now. 

Other than that it was a pretty typical week. His bottom teeth are really coming in now and he’s really really close to crawling. He can now get wherever he wants to go pretty quickly but it’s with a combination of crawling, dragging himself and rolling. He’s particularly quick when he’s heading towards electrical cords and outlets. It’s probably time to childproof the place. 

Here are the pictures from this week. I’ve given up trying to get our traditional Sundays With Oliver pose as he won’t lie still on the dog anymore. I just have to take what I can get, I guess.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment