We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Twenty-Six


Well, Oliver had a first this week that I had been hoping to avoid for a little longer.... He’s got his first cold. And, the little stinker gave it to me so we’ve both been under the weather the past few days. Oliver seems to be handling it better than I am - his nose is really congested, it seems like his ears bother him a little and he’s been coughing. But, all in all, he’s in really good spirits and it hasn’t affected his sleep too much. I am, however, miserable. Apparently, I’m a bigger baby than Oliver is. Oliver and I went to my mom’s house this weekend so that my mom could take care of both of us (Brian works Friday night and I didn’t really have the energy to take care of the knucklehead all on my own). We came back from San Antonio this morning and Brian has been taking care of us ever since. I got to park myself on the couch with blankets and pillows while Brian took care of the kiddo, bringing him to be when I needed a cuddle or he needed to eat but otherwise keeping him completely entertained and keeping me well fed. I’m very lucky.

So, besides that first, Oliver also had a last. His last week as a five month old. Tomorrow he will be six months old. I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone or how big he has gotten and how much he has changed. We go to the doctor tomorrow for his checkup so I will post an update tomorrow evening on all the vital stats. Brian and I are taking bets on how much he weighs at this point. Brian says he’s over twenty pounds. I’m holding out hope that he’s not but I have a feeling (the aching in my back) that he has, in fact, broken the 20 pound mark.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment