We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Twenty-One


Busy busy week. I had tons to do at work and Brian has been busy with class and working a few shifts at the bookstore. But we did manage to work in a few outings with the kiddo. Oliver hung out a playground for the first time this week when we went to a park in our neighborhood. He loves the swings. On Saturday morning, the three of us went to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden here in Austin and then had lunch at Flip Happy Crepes. Saturday afternoon, we met my parents in Kyle and handed Oliver off to them so that we could have a few nights off. Oliver stayed in San Antonio with them on Saturday and Sunday nights and the reports were mostly good. He did get a little fussy from time to time either from teething or from missing his preferred method of eating but his nights were decent and he didn’t keep my mom up all night long so that’s good! He also had a great time hanging out in the outdoor swing that my mom bought for him. There will be pictures of his time with the grandparents in the Week 21 album when I finally get it posted. Brian and I had a great time and are so grateful to my parents for giving us the weekend off. On Saturday night, we went out for sushi and drinks. On Sunday we (finally) went to see Julie and Julia, gave the house a good scrubbing and then had our fantasy football draft at the store. We had such a good weekend and I was so excited about getting to sleep but I was definitely ready to see our little guy again yesterday when I picked him up from my mom. I think he was happy to see us, too.

Even though I didn’t see him on Sunday, we still managed to get our pictures taken thanks to Mom and Richard (judging by some of the outtakes, he wasn’t the happiest camper during the shoot). So,  here they are.... I swear you can actually see him grow before your eyes these days. He’s getting so big!





And, a bonus picture of him loving his new swing:



No comments:

Post a Comment