We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Twenty-Four


This week Oliver did some good eating (he’s really liking the rice cereal now but we haven’t started any veggies yet) and because he was eating so well, he also did some good sleeping - going nine or ten hours at a stretch some nights. That made Mommy a very happy camper. We finally broke down and bought a jogging stroller this weekend and have taken it out a few times. I’m trying to figure out an exercise routine for myself since I think I’ve put off the whole getting back into shape thing for far too long. He spent lots of time in his swing in the backyard and worked on sitting up a whole bunch this week (he’s getting pretty good at it although he does take a tumble every once in awhile). He’s also showing a lot of interest in trying to crawl or scoot on his belly which I keep hoping he’ll put off for awhile. I have no interest in him being mobile at this point since it would make him really hard to keep up with and we’d have to majorly childproof the house. I put him on his hands and knees once this week and he took one lunge forward so I immediately flipped him back onto his back. But I can’t keep him on his back anymore either since he’s finally figured out how to roll back to belly now, too. I guess there’s nothing for it - he’s going to figure out how to move eventually.

Oliver spent this weekend at my mom’s house so that Brian and I could celebrate Brian’s birthday on Friday night. On Saturday I came down to San Antonio and went out with my friend, Seema, while my parents babysat. I had two nights out in a row!  So lucky! Oliver and I are going to stay down in San Antonio again tonight and head home tomorrow morning. 

Here are the pictures from this week:




  

No comments:

Post a Comment