We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sundays With Oliver - Week Eight


Good week at the Contine household. I started my buying appointments for the Fall season and despite Oliver’s midweek nap strike (he would not sleep during the day on Tuesday and Wednesday), I got a lot done and am still mostly caught up at work (thanks to Brian). I had one appointment here at the house which was great since Brian could watch him while I was in my meeting but I could still feed him if he got hungry. Oliver did manage to hang out in my office during another appointment this week (although it was a very very short one) ... he sat in his bouncer and cooed through the whole thing. Brian started summer school so we’ve been splitting Oliver duties all week - Brian takes him in the morning and then brings him to me at the bookstore in the afternoon. Seems to be working fairly well although neither of us is getting everything done we need to. We went to our first movie this week thanks to Baby Day at the Alamo Drafthouse. We went to see Up ... it was crazy crowded and Oliver fussed through most of it but Brian and I did manage to see most of the movie. We spent our typical Saturday morning going to Dan’s, Town Lake and the Farmer’s Market and then hung out with Laurie, Robin and Lydia Saturday afternoon for wine, amazing peach cobbler and porch time. My mom is coming to stay with us next week so that Brian and I can focus on work/class and we’re all three looking forward to that!

Enough with the words, though... here are the pictures. 

 
 

And for some reference, here's a picture of Oliver the first time he wore that outfit:



No comments:

Post a Comment