We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mommy's New Favorite Thing


When we first brought Oliver home we tried out the swing we had bought for him a couple of times to try and calm him down when he was fussy. He hated it. So, we put it away until last night. I was talking to my mom yesterday evening about how Oliver’s likes and dislikes change from day to day and she reminded me that I hadn’t tried him in his swing any time lately. So, about thirty minutes before Brian and I were ready to eat dinner, we set up the swing, placed him in it and let it rip. At first, he wasn’t too keen on it and kept fussing. But then I wrapped him up in the t-shirt I had been wearing that day (it’s the grey thing you see in the picture, not the shiny green thing) and he started to nod off. Three hours later he looked like this:

Doesn’t look too comfortable to me but he seemed content. When he finally woke up, I took him into his room, fed him and put him to bed and he slept another three hours straight (he only woke up twice last night). It was awesome. I am now a huge fan of the swing (in fact, Oliver is napping in it as I type this up - wrapped up in one of my sweaters). Hopefully this means more hot meals for Brian and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment