We met in 2002 while we were both working at BookPeople in Austin, Texas. We got married on June 18, 2005 and now live in a small house in North Austin with our two dogs, Coltrane and Miles, and our three cats - Gnosis, Nona, and Kali. Brian works as an Editorial Assistant at the University of Texas Press and Elizabeth still works at BookPeople as a buyer and the Inventory Operations Manager.

On April 12, 2009 we welcome our first child, Oliver Mott, into our family and on February 12, 2013, his little brother, Henry Charles, joined us three weeks before his expected due date.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blogging and the To Do List

Well, it’s official.  We’re blogging.  I didn’t think it would ever come to this but the reality is that this is the fastest and cheapest way to let everyone keep up with us as we get ready for baby and for everyone to get their photo fixes after Oliver is born.  So, we are now bloggers.  But we still don’t tweet so I can feel pretty good about that.

We are a little over seven weeks away from our due date and I’m really getting to that point where I’m ready for him to arrive/get out.  I’ve been very fortunate in that my pregnancy has been uncomplicated so far.  I didn’t have much morning sickness at the beginning and my second trimester was amazing. I had tons of energy and felt great.  I haven’t had any health scares or issues so I feel very fortunate for that.  But, now I’m deep in the third trimester and my feet are swollen, my back hurts all the time, and I’m constantly short of breath.  Plus, I really want a cocktail. 

But there are still seven weeks and there’s still plenty to do to get ready.  We spent some time this morning writing down all the things we need to get accomplished before Oliver arrives and it’s quite a daunting list.  The nursery is still not done, we haven’t even bought a crib, and we need to find a pediatrician.  We are having a contractor put in new doors and windows for the house (to replace the 1968 originals) and install wood floors in the nursery, our bedroom and the office but we haven’t scheduled the time for him to do the work.  And, I’m starting to nest so I feel like I need to clean out every closet and cabinet in the house before the baby arrives.  So, we’ve definitely got plenty to keep us busy until his due date.

We went to the doctor this week for our 32 week appointment.  We are going every two weeks at this point so I’m starting to feel like we live at the doctor’s office.  Everything looked fine at this appointment.  My weight gain is good, my blood pressure is normal and Oliver’s heart rate is strong and steady.  We go back in two weeks and in four weeks we have our last ultrasound to see how big he is so far and make sure he’s head down.

We also finished our childbirth class this week. We took a class run by our doctor’s practice.  It was very informative and for the most part put my mind at ease a bit.  My favorite part was when they taught Brian some massage techniques.  I plan on making him practice those many times before I go into labor, especially considering how much my back hurts lately.  We still need to take a child care class and a prenatal breastfeeding class so we will look into those this week.  

Tomorrow we are going to tour the hospital where we’re going to deliver.  We are going to St. David’s North Austin Medical Center and everything I’ve heard about the place is great.  Can’t wait to see it in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment